Five not-to-be-missed sessions for skiers
- The Ski Technique Lab: Saturday and Sunday at 10.30am (Snow Stage) – Want to improve your ski technique but not sure what you’re doing wrong? This session will unlock your skiing potential by explaining how your biomechanics affects your skiing. Join Warren at his booth after the session to get a personal analysis so you can hit the slopes knowing what to change!
- Graham Bell: Sunday 9.45am (Snow Stage) – The five-time Olympian will be chatting with his ‘Ski Sunday’ co-host about his career on the slopes as an athlete then a commentator, as well as appearing ‘Dancing on Ice’ in 2021.
- The 5 biggest causes of ski boot pain and how to fix them: Sunday 12.15pm (Skills Cabin) – If you’ve ever had to cut a day on the slopes short due to sore feet, you’ll know how important it is to get your ski boots fitted properly. Colin Martin from Solutions 4 Feet will talk you through how to tackle this problem so you’ll never suffer again!
- Keme Nzerem: Saturday at 1.15pm (Snow Stage) – You may know him from his career in journalism and presenting on Channel4, but Keme is also a keen skier and a champion for diversity on the slopes. In this session, he’ll be talking about some of his cool skiing adventures over the years and what he’s doing to encourage more riders of colour.
- Dan Egan: Saturday at 2.30pm (Snow Stage) – Dan is an award-winning broadcaster and film producer, and a ski legend who continues to teach and share his love of the sport around the globe. This is an opportunity to hear all about his pioneering in backcountry skiing, including in some of the world’s most remote regions following the geopolitical events of the 1980s and 1990s, like making the first descent on the Berlin Wall, skiing beside the Persian Gulf War, and organising the 1993 Middle East Peace Ski in Lebanon.
Five not-to-be-missed sessions for Snowboarders
- Katie Ormerod: Saturday at 9.45am (Snow Stage) – The slopestyle and big air legend will doing a Fireside chat with hosts Chemmy and Scott, talking about her career and achievements, like nailing the World’s first female double cork 1080 and competing at the Beijing Olympics earlier this year.
- Billy Morgan and Jenny Jones: Saturday at 9.45am (Snow Stage) – The snowboarding love-in continues as these two legends share the sports and activities they like to do when they aren’t on the slopes, thanks to the transferable skills that snowboarding has given them. Pitch up to get some ideas for your next new sport!
- Mia Brookes: Sunday at 12.15pm (Snow Stage) – 15-year-old Mia has been snowboarding since she was 18 months old and is now one of Britain’s Olympic hopefuls, having seen success after success on the junior and senior Big Air scenes. One to watch at the show – and for the future!
- Black Lines: Saturday at 12.45pm (Snow Stage) – This upbeat micro documentary explores how Black Culture and Identity have been involved in Snowboarding since its roots in the U.K. Featuring two familiar faces in the U.K. snowboard space – Park Shaper Neil Campbell and Former Host of the legendary Board Stupid, Phil Young – the doc takes an upbeat look at what snowboarding is all about and what it gives the crazy kids who live and breathe the sport. Whilst also exploring what it’s like for a newcomer to the industry – Snow Camps Ebony Knight – and what this brilliant sport has given her.
- Aimee Fuller: Saturday at 3.15pm (Snow Stage) – In this interview with our hosts, Aimee will be talking about her snowboarding career, including competing in two Winter Olympics and becoming the first woman to land a double backflip in competition.
Three great new ideas to try
- Saturday at 11am: What is splitboarding and why should you try it? (Skills Cabin) – This new discipline will let you explore and ride the mountains in completely different way, so check out this session for a full introduction by
- Sunday at 10.15am: An introduction to Biathlon and Nordic skiing (Skills Cabin) – RAF Nordic and GB Biathlon will convince you to leave the pistes and try the tracks to try this sport that combines skiing and shooting! And once you’re swayed, why not visit the features on the show floor to get a feel for the two disciplines through laser rifle shooting and the Nordic track?
- Saturday at 11.15am: ‘The Ski Podcast’ live: Off the beaten track (Snow Stage) – Looking for ideas for unusual places to ski? In this session, Iain Martin and his guests will be chatting about skiing in ‘off the beaten track’ destinations such as Turkey, Morocco and Georgia.
- Saturday at 12:15pm: Winter sports: What else can you do with these mad skills? (Snow Stage) – Olympians Billy Morgan and Jenny Jones run through some ideas of things to do in the off-season to cure your winter blues and set you up for the next season.
See the full agenda for the weekend here: https://nationalsnowshow.com/agenda